It’s a scenario that every homeowner dreads, water leaking through the roof or splashing down the side of the building from the gutters.
A fully-functioning guttering system is vital to keeping roofs leak-free. Gutter lining is an effective solution for keeping gutters waterproof, durable and easy to clean.
Leakages from gutters can occur for a variety of reasons:
- Poor installation of gutters, or lack of maintenance, can cause gaps where water can seep through.
- Heavy rainfall can produce a larger volume of water than the gutter is able to cope with, causing the water to back up and overflow. If there are any unprotected gaps in the gutter, a leak will occur.
- If gutters are not regularly cleaned, then blockages can occur from fallen leaves and other debris. Again, this can cause the gutter to overflow and leak.
Variety of Gutter Lining We Use
- Polyurethane- and silicone-based systems are applied to the gutters as a liquid. This then creates a barrier which is equally strong and waterproof as fibreglass lining.
- Rubber-based or single-ply linings are also available. However, these are liable to tearing, and so these are not recommended. These linings can be used on roofs, but it is recommended to use in conjunction with a silicone-based system in the gutters.